Saturday, June 10, 2006

why I don't enjoy driving... and why I enjoy bump cars...

hehehe... I'm taking driving lessons right now... due to my parents' insistence... as for me, I don't really care for learning the skill...

Of course I know that it's useful... but without a car to drive, what do I do with the skill? let it rust until I get my own car? besides, even if I do own the car, driving somewhere is not that cheap! you'd have to pay not only for the gas but also for a parking space, and sometimes, even for the toll... I'd rather commute than drive... Driving an automatic is fine... but driving a manual is frustrating!!! especially with the kind of traffic here in Manila... you're forever stuck in the first gear and neutral if you're soooooo lucky... hehehe...

actually, the reason why I don't enjoy driving, besides the expense, is because I can't simply hit people who are in my way... I have to be a responsible driver and veer away from those who aren't that careful when they're walking the streets...

On my first day, while I was driving, and the instructor was telling me what gears to use and what pedals to press, people were just crossing the street everywhere. It was around 7am and most people were out jogging... (I'm learning how to drive in Subic, by the way).... Anyway, I really had the urge to ask my instructor: Sir, can I hit just one person? please... Just ONE! I promise... hehehehe... This urge is usually strong near pedestrain lanes where there are law enforcers... hehehehe.. I really do wonder how it would feel to hit one reckless pedestrian or a condescending, arrogant law enforcer...

hahahay.. gotta fight the urge... gotta fight the urge!!!!

No comments: