Saturday, September 05, 2009

Why Piscetarians, Vegetarians and other "-arians" have it easy...

If people prefer NOT to eat red meat, they are "healthy eaters". If people prefer NOT to eat any kind of meat, they're healthy eaters too. And so are "we-get-our-proteins-from-beans-people" who prefer to ONLY eat vegetables . If they're not "healthy eaters", they're people who have their own belief system… people with a cause (yeah sure, whatever!).

More often than not, hosts go out of their way to accommodate vegetarians and piscetarians so as not to offend their sensibilities. Accommodating people with allergies, I understand. But why stumble over vegetarians and piscetarians? Well, unless you knew about their preference when you invited them over, you do have to accommodate them. Otherwise, let them deal!

But what about those of us who prefer our meat! RED and WHITE!?!?! Why don't you stumble over what we want?! You know why?! Because it's easy to accommodate meat lovers. It's so easy to prepare yummy meat dishes as compared to preparing "yummy" veggie dishes! If you can call them yummy, that is! More often than not, you'll have a choice of tofu caldereta or tofu barbecue or tofu burger! YUM-OH!

For people like me, open a can of corned beef and we're good to go! Who has a can of vegetables at home anyway?! The only vegetable I have in my fridge are onions and a few cloves of garlic! Are they even veggie? I think they're spices… but there you go. How do you feed vegetarians if you only have onion, garlic, hotdog and egg in your fridge! They're lucky I have a dozen eggs in my fridge! But what about those who also don't eat egg because technically they came from poultry!?!?!

And people call me picky because I like my meat!?!?!? COME ON!!!!!!

At least vegetarians have health reasons to give if they don't like to eat meat! What about us who are not that excited with vegetables?! We can't just say… I don't like how they taste! It simply is not done that way! What do we do?!?! We smile, bite into the vegetable, and lie through our teeth how the food is actually "OKAY"! I'm sorry but that's the best I can describe vegetable dishes! They are OK!!! They're not to-die-for! They're not better-than-sex, as some cake claim… they are just OK! And most of the time… worse!

I, therefore, conclude vegetarians have it easy!!!! BUT I still want my meat!!!!

--- naisulat habang namromroblema... just in case kailangan kong makitira sa Tita kong mahilig sa gulay.

No comments: